Monday 31 December 2018

Where is home?

The definition of home is a question that has been posed to me by others rather than by myself. My nomadic genes determine that there is not a physical place for home.



What home is, varies from person to person depending on their life experience as much as their inherited traits. It also depends on what life stage you are in. When you are single and childfree, home can be yourself. Wherever you go could be home. 

Most recently we have come across the rather playful definition of home as "the place where your phone is already connected to the WiFi". You then find yourself at home when you go to the local cafe or to a dear friend's house. 

As the years pass by and, if you have the joy of having a family, your home is where you create memories with your loved ones. In my case, my nest is still full. Nesting has been a need I've been fulfilling in the aftermath of a giant elephant stepping near my nest and shaking it to its core. 

I have learned that home is where my children are happy. They are young enough to benefit from motherly support. They have led me to my real home after I almost fell from the nest. They have taught me that I can cling on to our nest and that the nomadic lifestyle is not always the answer to my problems. 

Sometimes we have to fight for our home. When your nest is attractive to predators they will come and attack. It is up to you to be attentive and willing to fight back. Protect your chicks and keep the nest clean and filled with love for them to come back even after they have flown away. 

This is my conclusion on this matter. 

Where is home? Home is where you feel most loved. This love starts from within, for who can receive love from others if not able to open a clean heart to them? 

I thank the elephant who shook my nest, for now, I have a prettier, happier nest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment